Floridians for Democracy
We cannot be silent.
We cannot be indifferent.
About Floridians for Democracy
We envision a state of Florida where all elected leaders proactively implement laws ensuring all residents have equal opportunity, regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation as granted by democratic freedoms dictated in the constitution.
Our Guiding Principles
We will prioritize outcomes that:
- Increase voter participation across all demographics
- Create laws that enhance democratic freedoms and reverse laws that erode democratic freedoms
- We will engage with civility and inherent dignity for all
- We will uphold a bipartisan approach in the pursuit of protecting and preserving democracy
- We will use non-violent and legal means to achieve our goals
- We will strengthen, amplify and accelerate but not compete with partners
Florida is Fast Becoming the State Where Democracy is in PERIL!
- Where voting and the right to speak freely are suppressed
- Where schoolbooks are banned on whim and not reason
- Where academic freedom and critical thinking among students and faculty in public education and universities is thwarted
- Where cultural freedom is blocked
- Where women’s reproductive rights are controlled by the state
- Where LGBTQ and transgender people are under attack (not only in education, but also in health care and fundamental rights)
- Where businesses and elected officials that disagree with the governor’s agenda are punished
- Where the rights of local governments to make local decisions based on their needs are blocked
‘Don’t let democracy slip away,’ was the message from a Florida state attorney
Floridians For Democracy hosted a meet & greet with former state senator, and current state attorney, Dave Aronberg. The event provided Mr. Aronberg with an opportunity to offer his thoughts of what each of us can do to support democracy over authoritarian rule. More than 100 area residents attended the event hosted by the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fort Myers.
Democracy in Florida is at risk. You can help support Floridians for Democracy, a nonprofit 501(c)(4) organization, dedicated to advocating for state policy changes and protections focused on preserving and saving democracy. The FFD Action Fund is a non-tax-deductible fund.
Donate By Check
Please make checks payable to:
Floridians for Democracy, Inc.
18990 S. Tamiami Trail, Ste 4-175
Fort Myers, FL 33908